Hey there! Lots of you know that working for yourself OR working from home OR being a stay-at-home mama is [[ a w e s o m e ]].
It will also, given enough time, drive you to having full-on convos with the cat. Or with the TV. During your lunch break. Because the judges CLEARLY “chopped” the wrong chef, and so it’s up to you to explain that to the screen with a mouth full of Cheetos.
(Oh, that’s just me? Oh….cool.)
Anyhoo, let’s just cut to the chase. I’ve divided today’s diary into 3 parts: wins, losses, and pajamas.
I’ll start with wins.
Working for Myself: Wins
- PAJAMA TIME PAJAMA TIME PAJAMA TIME!!! (!!!)
- The ability to take breaks without people staring at me because I’m walking in place while watching re-runs of Downton Abbey just to rack up points on my fitbit.
- Picking my hours. If I have an errand or appointment, I can do some work at a different time and it’s totes no big.
- I just flat-out love my job. I get to spend ALL DAY with characters I love. It’s the best. I feel like I have adventures all day without even leaving the desk…did I mention I’m a cat lady?
- Working at the library has become one of my FAVORITE THINGS. BOOKS ON BOOKS ON BOOKS.
- …it’s 3:21 p.m. and it’s STILL PAJAMA TIME!!!!!!!! People of the world!!! It’s 5:00 somewhere and this girl is STILL IN HER PAJAMAS!!! #winning
Working for Myself: Losses
- “Why am I still in my pajamas? Is this socially acceptable? It’s so comfy…but seriously. Is this normal?” [commence going back-and-forth in my head while staring at my clothes, thus wasting an entire break when I could have been walking in step with Lady Mary.]
- Extroverted me needs people. All the people. Please?!! People?!! Hello? Bueller?
- Picking my hours…sometimes it’s actually really hard to stop working and turn it off when the day is over.
- Writer’s Block.
- Tucker tears up the furniture when I’m not giving him enough attention. But he also tears up the furniture when I do give him attention, so maybe that one doesn’t count.
- When I actually forget to take breaks…and then at the end of the day I’m drained.
Working for Myself: Pajamas
People!!! When on earth are we supposed to change out of our pajamas?!!! This is the most important question of the year. Feel free to tell me your answer. I might listen. Unless you tell me to put on normal people clothes. In which case I won’t listen. And I’ll go buy more pajamas. 😉
Blessings and a productive day to you,